Bubble wrap facts UK
Top quality bubble wrap is an excellent type of packaging material that can provide the best level of protection you could need for house moving, storage or shipping. It is used by hundreds of thousands of people each day in the UK.
Here are some interesting facts about bubble wrap that you may not know!
- Bubble wrap for packing is a fairly modern type of packaging. It was invented in 1957; but not as a form of packaging. It was originally a type of 3D wallpaper! The wallpaper did not catch on, but users soon realised its potential as a form of protection from damage. (Perhaps somebody accidentally walked into a wall covered in it?)
- Popping the bubbles on bubble wrap from the best place to get bubble wrap is famously fun and entertaining; so much so that the Bandai Toy Company actually created a toy based around popping bubble wrap, which was also created for the Nintendo Wii. No need to pay for expensive games though, when you can have the real thing for a fraction of the cost, plus you can enjoy it outside.
- Bubble wrap has anti-static qualities, which makes it ideal for protecting electronic components and parts. It can protect from potentially very dangerous static charge, as well as the obvious knocks and bumps.
- The world record is for 366 people popping bubble wrap at the same time. Quite a challenge to find that many people who would be interested in that challenge, but impressive all the same.
- Each year, the world produces enough bubble wrap to cover the entire earth ten times over. That is a huge amount of bubble wrap! Whoever said bubble wrap was hard to find?
- Bubble wrap forms an excellent type of insulation. It is commonly used to insulate windows and homes, as well as dog kennels outside as well. Instead of throwing away your bubble wrap, why not reuse it for insulation? Is it the cheapest form of insulation?
- The term bubble wrap is actually a generic trademark, owned by the company that actually created bubble wrap in the first place. It is more commonly used to describe the material nowadays, however. Not sure about the legal side of things.
We hope you have enjoyed our interesting facts about bubble wrap, and continue to respect and enjoy the wonderful material that it is. Bubble wrap is one hundred percent recyclable these days, so there is absolutely no reason why you cannot use it. If you are thinking where can I buy bubble wrap, then online is the best solution.