Can You Slide Cardboard Boxes When Moving House?
Moving home is a stressful and difficult task, and the process of actually moving on the removal date is hard work and tiresome! You will have hundreds of boxes to shift, which are heavy and full of your household possessions, and lifting them one by one into the removal lorry from your house will take all day, and then you have to unload them at the other end too. Bending over to pick up cardboard packing boxes all day long is the hardest part, and then carrying them over a long distance to the removal lorry adds to the pressure, so many people wonder if you can simply slide cardboard boxes along the floor instead of having to lift them all the time?
- Cardboard boxes for moving house will only slide on certain surfaces, such as a carpet. If you slide a box on a carpet over a short distance, this is fine, because the carpet will ensure that no damage can occur to the box, and will keep the box in perfect condition with your belongings inside of it.
- Other surfaces are not suitable for sliding a box, and you will definitely need to pick the boxes up off the ground. The tarmac or gravel outside of your home is not a surface that a box can be sliding on, because it would ruin the box and damage your things inside of the box.
- Often the insides of a removal lorry will be flat and the surface will be slippery, which is perfect for sliding a box inside too. Where to buy cardboard box? Online, always. This can be useful if you need to fit plenty of boxes into the lorry, however you will need somebody inside of the lorry to help pack it efficiently and effectively, because you need to fit as many boxes into each load of the lorry as possible, and this will involve lifting boxes to pile them on top of one another.
- Some cardboard moving boxes are much more difficult to simply slide around than others, because of the weight and size of the box. Some small and medium sized boxes are fine to slide around, but larger boxes will not budge, and so you’ll have to pick them up and may need help to pick them up too.
- A much more suitable solution to moving boxes is to use a sack truck, which you can use to pile up lots of boxes onto effortlessly, and you will easily be able to transfer them out of your home to the removal lorry. Most lorries also have a tail lift, which means you can simply leave them on the sack truck and place that onto the tail lift, which will then transfer them up to the lorry.
- Generally speaking, if you are thinking about sliding large house moving boxes online to make life easier for yourself, it will not be the case, unless you are thinking over short distances. If you find the prospect of carrying boxes so difficult, it might be a good idea to contact a removal company in your local area. They can cost a lot of money, but some are cheaper than others, and a basic man and van service can assist you for a fraction of the cost.
- If you slide boxes, it is important to make sure that your items inside of the box are protected using bubble wrap, to ensure that they do not get damaged if your box hits against another object or another box.