If you are moving home or office, you will need lots of packing boxes for house moving and packaging to assist you with the move. They enable you to carry your items easier, and they keep your possessions organised too. They also help to protect your possessions from damage also, so there are many great benefits of using boxes when you buy packing boxes online. The actual process of moving those boxes from your home, into the removal lorry, and then unpacking them out of the lorry at the new house too, can be long winded and hard work. Picking up large and heavy boxes all day long can really take a long time to do. Many people wonder if it is best to use boxes with handle holes or not, when moving. Here is what we have found out, from advice given to use by professional removal companies throughout the UK.
- Best quality house moving boxes which have handle holes have holes which are usually located half way up the box. The reason for this, is because they are designed to make it easier for you to pick up those boxes, because you don’t have to bend all the way down to the floor to pick up the box from underneath. This is obviously going to be useful for really tall people, because you have further to go to bend over and touch the floor.
- However, if you lift a box using holes which are made in the middle of the side of the box, this is a weak way to carry the box. If the box is heavy, and you try to lift it using handle holes, then the box sides will simply crumble under the pressure put onto them. However, if you tried to lift a heavy box from underneath, this is the most stable way to hold the box and you take the full force of the weight onto your hands rather than the sides of the box. This ensures that your possessions are safe inside of the box and will not get damaged or broken during the move.
- Holes in the box leave space for potential harm to happen to the things inside of the box. Anything could enter through the holes and these could damage the contents inside, for example mud from the floor if you drop a box by accident on its side. Likewise, the contents from inside the box could fall out of the box via the holes on the sides, and this could also damage the contents.
- Usually packing boxes for moving are not that large, because if they are too large they are impossible to carry, so assuming you are using medium sized boxes for moving rather than larger boxes, the difference between bending over that little bit more and lifting them from underneath versus lifting them from a handle hole in the middle is tiny.
- Medium house moving boxes with handle holes are much more expensive to buy than boxes without handle holes, because of the extra work that goes into producing the holes. If you are moving home on a tight budget, then you certainly won’t want to pay the extra to have boxes with handle holes.