How Many Layers Of Bubble Wrap Do You Need For Protection?
Moving home is a challenging task, and choosing the right types of packaging materials for the job too can be hard. You need boxes to help you to carry things and you need tape to secure the boxes shut. You also need protective packaging which includes large bubble wrap near me for delicate items as well as packing paper for the more delicate items too. When it comes to picking the right protective packaging for you, it can be hard to know which items in your home that will need this extra protection, and therefore how much you are going to need. Another question that you might be thinking about is the number of layers that will need to be put around the items you are wrapping in bubble wrap, because this will also be a factor when deciding how much of it you need to buy. So here is what we found out.
- The first factor that goes into deciding how many layers of extra strong bubble wrap UK you are going to need around your household items is the weight of the items you are wrapping up. The heavier items are typically going to need more layers than lighter items, because they will hit the ground harder than lighter items if they are dropped. Heavy things fall faster because of the weight and size, and so they will cause more of a thump when they hit the ground, which can cause more damage than a lighter object which will fall slower. It is basic physics and an obvious factor- things like furniture which are very large will fall into this category, as will other large objects such as a computer screen and television.
- The next factor is how delicate the item is. If you think of a really delicate china ornament from your living room; this will need lots of layers just so that the ornaments literally feels nothing if it is dropped, because any small knock can cause it to crack. They tend to be quick expensive too, so they are worth wrapping up well. Less delicate items such as a pillow will not need as many layers obviously, because they are harder to damage, but still need protecting from other factors such as dirt and rain.
- The cost of the item you are protecting is the next factor in deciding the number of layers of best bubble wrap for moving. If it is a really expensive thing from your home that would cost so much to replace, then it is worth putting that extra few layers around it to give the ultimate level of protection from harm, because bubble wrap is very cheap and worth the trouble.
- Your budget and the amount of bubble wrap you have available will also determine the number of layers of bubble wrap roll you can afford to put around certain items. We know how expensive a house move can be, and so you might have your money tied up in other aspects of the move such as hiring the best removal company.
- The final factor that you need to work out, is the economies of scale associated with purchasing larger quantity of bubble wrap. The larger the roll of bubble wrap, the cheaper the price per metre becomes. It might even work out, that if you buy a larger roll, then you can actually save money on bubble wrap, so in this instance you might have lots of bubble wrap spare, so you can afford to put lots of layers around each and every item that you are protecting, just to be sure.