What information do we collect?
We collect data from you when you register on our site or place an order with us (whether as a guest to the site or from a personally created account).
You can however visit our site anonymously at any time.
What do we use your information for?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To personalise your shopping experience by being able to respond to your individual requirements
- To improve our service to you by evaluating feedback and information from you
- To improve our customer service and technical support
- To process transactions (your information both public and private will not be shared, sold, exchanged or given to any 3rd party company for any reason whatsoever without your consent, except for delivering the intended product or service that you have requested from us)
- To send periodic emails to include email marketing – you can unsubscribe from any marketing contact from us through the link at the bottom of the email
- To administer a promotion, event or for our customer database
- To assist you in the event of a problem completing your purchase
How long do we hold your data?
- Personal data relating to transactions is anonymised after seven years and your account will be removed after seven years of inactivity
- Personal data that is used for marketing purposes will be retained indefinitely unless you choose to opt out
How do we protect and safeguard your personal information?
We have a variety of security measures in place to protect your personal information. These include electronic safeguards, such as encryption, and physical safeguards and security.
Card payments are encrypted by our secure third-party payment provider. No payment information is stored by us.
Withdrawing your consent
- If you would like to withdraw your consent, please contact us directly.
- Once you notify us of your request, we will respond to you as soon as possible.
- Wherever possible, we will anonymise all records relating to you and to your account, including all transactions and communication.
Who has access to your data?
Access to your personal data is restricted at all times. Only our employees or trusted agents will be able to access your data. Their access and activities are restricted to the purposes outlined above. These parties are:
- Us; we have direct access to your data.
- Our web designers, Veom Infotech, can act on our behalf as Data Processors. This means they host our website and have access to ensure its corrects function.
UNSOLICITED EMAIL POLICY
Internet user privacy is of upmost importance to us and our customers. Our success depends on our ability to maintain the trust of our customers. To this end, we have two overriding policies:
Message recipient policy
Before customers can receive email messages, advertising or promotions, customers must have agreed to receive such messages, by either purchasing from us or by opting into one of our mailing lists. Any recipient may request at any time to be removed from our list, and we will comply with that request. In addition, we will thoroughly investigate any allegations made by recipients relating to unsolicited messages.
Policy against advertising our website using unsolicited email messages
We require that all e-mails promoting our business or its products are sent only to customers who have agreed to receive such messages. We prohibit any advertising of our brand and Web site using unsolicited email messages. If you feel you’ve been sent unsolicited emails promoting our brand or website and would like to register a complaint, please email us using our contact page. We will immediately investigate all allegations made related to unsolicited messages.
Your email address is safe with us.
- We never sell or share your email addresses with other companies.
- You can unsubscribe at any time.
- We require that each email message sent out from us includes an easy way for subscribers to remove themselves via an unsubscribe link.
- If you receive a newsletter or email and decide you don’t like it, simply click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- If you feel you’ve been sent unsolicited email and would like to register a complaint, please email us using our contact page.
Definition of Spam
Spam is unsolicited email sent in bulk. Any promotion, information or solicitation that is sent to a person via email without their prior consent, where there is no pre-existing relationship between the sender and the recipient, is spam.
These are small text files, which your web browser places on to your computer or mobile device. They record information about the items you have put into your shopping basket and provide us with information about how our website is used so we can continue to improve our site.
HOW ARE COOKIES MANAGED?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
– Packing Solution, or on behalf of Packing Solution, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
2. For Packing Solution to market to you, particularly social media advertisements e.g. Facebook and targeted updates.
3. To enable Packing Solution to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
4. To enable Packing Solution meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
You can amend your browser settings to reject cookies. To find out more, including how to control or opt out of cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
We use the third-party service providers and apps listed below to serve ads or communicate on our behalf across the internet and sometimes on this site. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Web site, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other Web sites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of cookie orientated data collection, which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. They do not know the name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information about the user. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this anonymous information used by these third party service providers, please visit the third party service provider’s websites.
FACEBOOK – Facebook utilises cookies served to the visitor of the Packing Solution website to retarget online advertising through it’s social media platforms.
We use Facebook Advertising to advertise Packing Solution on social media. These adverts will appear in text, banner or image format when browsing Facebook or Instagram. These cookies are used to track your visit to our website and the pages viewed, from this information adverts will then be displayed showing products we believe may be of interest to you based on your previous viewing history. Please note, no personal details are kept or used, only viewing history.
MAILCHIMP – Mailchimp is our emailing platform – a data processor marketing software that utilises data collected through sales and mailing list subscriptions to deliver regular email updates and marketing
PRODUCT REVIEWS – Shopify Reviews does not hold any personal information but works with the customer database to request and publish reviews to the website.
GOOGLE – Google utilises cookies served to the visitor of the Packing Solution website to retarget online advertising through it’s search engine and on it’s affiliated websites.
BING – Bing utilises cookies served to the visitor of the Packing Solution website to retarget online advertising through it’s search engine.
THE RIGHT OF ACCESS
Subject Access Requests allow your right to obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you. You have the right to ask us to provide you with this information free of charge. However, should the request be deemed to be manifestly excessive, manifestly unfounded or repetitive, then we are permitted to charge a reasonable fee for providing the information. In such circumstances, and as an alternative, we can refuse to comply with the request. If this is the case then we shall let you know the reasons for us refusing to comply. You have a right to appeal such a decision via the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. For further information visit https://ico.org.uk/
THE RIGHT OF RECTIFICATION
You are entitled to have the information that we hold about you rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
If you believe that the information that we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date then please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE RIGHT TO ERASURE
You have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we hold about you where we have no compelling reason for its continued processing. This right will apply:
- Where retention of the data is no longer necessary for the purposes that it was originally collected or processed
- Where you have withdrawn consent
- Where you object to us processing the data and there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue to do so
- When the personal data has to be erased for us to comply with a legal obligation
- When the data has been unlawfully processed
- Where the data relates to a child
This right shall not apply:
- Where we are exercising the right of freedom of expression and information
- Where we are complying with a legal obligation
- Where we are archiving data in the public interest, for scientific research or for statistical purposes
- When we need the data to exercise or defend a legal claim
THE RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object to your personal information being processed by us. This means:
- If you object to us processing your data for marketing purposes then let us know and we will stop sending you marketing material
- If you object to us processing your data at all (i.e. where you have an account with us) let us know and we will completely remove your personal information from our systems
If you choose the second option and then change your mind at a later date, then you will need to set up a new account to resume shopping with us.