Recyclable plastic packing boxes vs legacy cardboard packing boxes
When you are moving house, the most useful item to help you with the job at hand are boxes. They enable you to carry lots of smaller possessions at once, which saves you a lot of effort and time, and it enables you to organise your things according to what was in each room of the house, so that nothing gets lost and it makes unpacking easier too. So when it comes to choosing between cardboard packing boxes and plastic packing boxes, what are the pros and cons of each type for moving house?
- They are much cheaper to buy, and are easily found online or second hand from high street shops
- They can be flat packed, and so they are easy to transport in your car, or pack away to be re used in the future
- They are lightweight as well as durable, which makes them easy to carry when moving home, which is one of the most important aspects!
- They are recyclable, and looking after the environment is very important.
- They can easily be written on in a permanent marker, so you can say what is in them, which makes organisation very easy
- Although they are strong, especially double walled recyclable packaging, they are slightly less strong than plastic containers
- You need extra strong tape to keep them together, or else they risk breaking apart during the house move
- They are very strong
- They are see-through, which means you can tell what is in them easily
- They are much heavier than cardboard boxes
- They cannot be flat packed, which means once you have moved home, they need to be thrown away or used for storage immediately because otherwise they will simply take up too much space
- They are not recyclable packing boxes and so they are not good for the environment at all.
- They are usually much more expensive, costing up to ten times the price of cardboard
So what would we recommend overall as the best and most popular type of box for house movers? Definitely cardboard, every time. They are the number one choice of box for house movers in the UK, and the main reason being price. Although, as mentioned above, there are many more benefits of cardboard too, making them the optimum type of box for everyone. When choosing the right number of boxes that you will need, it is best to count and measure your things precisely, or if you prefer a rough estimate (like most people!) then a rough guess of ten boxes per bedroom tends to work well for most people. Cardboard house moving boxes are cheaper to buy online too because delivery is much cheaper as they can be flat packed during delivery, where as you could end up paying the earth to buy plastic containers plus the postage on top. We hope your house move goes smoothly! Visit www.packingsolution.co.uk to know more.