Top Packing and Moving tips for the moving day
Moving house can be a stressful process at the best of times. There are lots of things you have to worry about. Here we have put together a few top tips to help you during the house move. We have lots of experience with house moving, having run a removal company in the past and moved home a lot of times too.
- Use a professional removal company. Don’t try to save money by hiring a van and doing it yourself, this will only cost you more in the long run. Professionals can come at reasonable prices these days, and they will be able to pack and organise your things efficiently and ensure that nothing gets damaged or broken in cardboard packing boxes online. Not to mention the effort of having to carry your largest furniture through tight doorways.
- Pre pack everything into best boxes for house moving prior to the removal date. This is absolutely vital, because it will save you time when moving, plus it keeps everything very organised so that unpacking is a breeze. It ensures that things are easy to carry too. Make sure your boxes are not too large though, because they will be too heavy to carry, and make sure you use double walled cardboard boxes, because they are much stronger and will not break.
- Write on the house moving boxes to say what is inside of each, because again it helps to organise everything and ensures that nothing gets lost. Plus again it will help with unpacking too. It will let you know which items are most valuable and likely to break, so that you can pack the removal van accordingly.
- Start nice and early. Moving home takes a lot longer than you might think, and having to work late into the night is far from ideal, because when it gets dark, things get very hard to see and accidents can happen. Start early and take regular tea breaks.
- Make sure you have organised everything with solicitors prior to the removal date too, because if you move in illegally, in rare occasions people have to remove their possessions from the new home as soon as they have moved in!
- Use bubble wrap to put around your things inside of the moving boxes online shop, plus around boxes inside of the removal van too, as this will help to protect things from damage. It is an expensive process as it is, without your prized possessions breaking.
Armed with these tips, you should be able to move home with little effort at all. Organisation is the key to success. Remember to recycle your moving boxes after the house move too, don’t forget about the environment.