What types of packaging do you need for sending shoes in the post safely?
There are many different reasons why you might need to send some shoes in the post. Perhaps you have some old shoes which are taking up too much room in your house, and you have replaced them with newer shoes, but the old ones are still in great condition so you wanted to sell them online, and you want to ensure they reach the customer in good condition. Maybe you run a small business selling shoes, and you need to send them to customers in the post too. Either way, you will want to protect them from damage, and choosing the right packaging materials for moving house for the job is paramount. So which types of packaging accessories UK are you likely to need for the job?
- Firstly you will need some packing tissue paper to stuff into the toe of the shoe, which will keep it in shape. If you do not do this, and the shoes are made from leather, then they will lose their shape and look terrible when they are received by the customer. Just two sheets of packing paper will do the trick into each toe of each shoe. It is cost effective and cheap to buy.
- Next you will need a box of an appropriate size, from the best place to get packaging materials. It is best to use cardboard boxes for moving rather than plastic boxes, because they are much cheaper and better for the environment. It is important to use a box of the right size for the shoes, because if the box is too large then the shoes will slide around and get damaged in the post, and if the box is too small then that will also damage the shoes if you cram them inside.
- It is a good idea to line the inside of the box with packing tissue paper too, so that the box doesn’t give off any dirt onto the shoes that are placed inside of the box, and it will prevent the shoes from rubbing against each other too.
- Finally you will need to put some bubble wrap around the outside of the shoe box, to prevent it from getting hurt. The air bubbles will absorb shock so that the shoe box won’t feel a thing. It will also protect the box from water and dirt as long as you seal the edges carefully.
- You can then place the shoe box wrapped in bubble wrap into a plastic bag or larger box of an appropriate size, and then it is good to send! You can rest knowing that your shoes will arrive in great condition in packaging materials for moving.