Which Items Need Protecting With Bubble Wrap When Moving House?
Moving home is a tricky process, and it is not something that most households are used to. Most people move home once every ten years, and so the actual process of moving can be a daunting task with lots to consider and think about. You will need to decide whether to use a removal company or not, and you will need to consider all the extra costs such as solicitors fees, and dates on which you plan to exchange contracts and dates you want to actually move. The next thing you need to organise is the types of packaging materials that you require, and how much of each that you will need. Although this is a minor consideration compared with other aspects of moving, it is none the less very important too. Bubble wrap for packing, cardboard boxes and strong tape are the most common types of packaging that you need, and you might be wondering how much bubble wrap you need, and this will depend on which items you believe will need protecting from damage. So how can you decide which items will need protection? Here is what removal companies throughout:
- Firstly and most obviously, you need to wrap up the most delicate items in your home. They are the things that will very easily get broken if they receive a knock or bump after being dropped or something falling onto them. Things such as an ornament or glasses or plates fall into this category, and they will also require bubble wrap from bubble wrap suppliers to be stuffed inside of them to give extra protection too. Everybody has delicate things in their home that will need protection, so just go around and have a think about that.
- Expensive items are the next things to protect and the next things on your list. They are the items that would cost the most to replace if damaged, and it is not worth the risk because bubble wrap for moving house is a tiny cost in comparison. Things like expensive jewelery or a watch, or other objects that are hard to break but are still worth protecting because of the cost such as a leather bag should be wrapped in bubble wrap.
- Household objects that are easily scratched should be wrapped up, and a leather bag also falls into that category. Bubble wrap not only protects from knocks and bumps, but it also prevents scratching and other types of damage too with its layer of protection.
- Objects that are damaged by water can also be protected and wrapped up, because bubble wrap is waterproof too as long as you seal the edges using some strong packing tape. Therefore things such as a duvet which you sleep in will need protecting.
- Heavy objects such as furniture need wrapping in bubble wrap, because the weight means that they will fall faster and harder than lighter objects. This means that the chance of breakage is much higher, and they need protecting as much as possible.
- Objects that need protection from dirt should also be wrapped up, such as a mattress which is hard to clean if it gets dirty. Many people choose to wrap it up using bubble wrap from the best place to get bubble wrap to ensure that it cannot get touched by anything else in the filthy removal lorry.