How to ship a computer safely
There are many reasons why you may need to ship a computer in the post. Perhaps it is an old computer that you have sold on the internet, and you need to send it to the customer. Maybe you run a business that sells computers, and you need to send them to customers in the post on a regular basis. Either way, no matter what your reason is for sending one in the post, you need to ensure that you ship it safely to ensure it arrives in perfect condition. So how exactly can you ship a computer safely?
- Firstly, some protective packaging will go a long way. Good quality bubble wrap is brilliant, and the tiny air bubbles will provide the layer of protection that you need. Often larger bubbles are best for a computer, because it is quite a large item that is heavy, and so the larger the bubbles are the more protection that they will provide for your computer. Packing tissue paper is probably a bit weak, but it could be used to protect the screen of the computer. Top quality bubble wrap is waterproof too, so if it rains during the delivery, then you can rely on your computer to be safe from harm.
- Strong packing boxes are a must when it comes to sending a computer in the post safely. The strong walls of the box will be able to hold heavy weight of the computer inside of it, plus it will help to further protect the computer from threats on the outside. It means that other boxes can be put onto that box without it collapsing too, so the computer inside will remain free from harm.
- It is important to use a box of an appropriate size for the computer inside. The bigger the gaps in a box, the more room for the computer to move around and get broken, so this is why it is important to use a box of a good size for the computer, and if there are gaps, to fill them with bubble wrap where possible.
- You can write on the outside of the box to say that there is a delicate item inside of the box wrapped in high quality bubble wrap, and this will ensure that the courier knows to look after that parcel with extra special care and attention. This will further ensure that your computer arrives safely.
- Ultimately, accidents can happen no matter what protection you put in place. It is a good idea to buy insurance for your computer before you send it, or if you can, actually deliver the computer yourself rather than using a courier to do the job for you.